Sally in The MIX

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Funny Filosopher Shares Her Text Codes

My Funny Filosophers are at it again.

Sharing her thoughts with me this time is a friend of about the same age. (NO, she’s older than me – HA!) What is amazing to me is she and I both like computers, unlike some others of our ages. Oh, we don’t like running them. Computers are kind of like cars. I just want it to do its thing, what it is supposed to do. If it doesn’t, I want a good computer mechanic. Thank goodness I’ve got one.

My (older, ha-ha) friend even knows more about computers than I do, which I respect. She is really into emails and texting, so she must know the abbreviation codes. I don’t even know all the codes. LOL, or laughing out loud, is about the extent of my abbreviated code use.

But friend needs her codes, and this week shared the codes for us older computer users. (She’s older – Ha!)

Young people have theirs.

Now Seniors have their own texting codes:

* ATD - At the Doctor's

* BFF - Best Friends Funeral

* BTW - Bring the Wheelchair

* BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth

* CBM - Covered by Medicare

* CUATSC - See You at the Senior Center

* DWI - Driving While Incontinent

* FWIW - Forgot Where I Was

* GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low

* GHA - Got Heartburn Again

* HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement

* LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out

* LOL - Living on Lipitor

* OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas

* TOT - Texting on Toilet

* WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?

*GTG: Gotta Groan

*TGIF: Thank Goodness It's Four (Four O’clock - Early Bird Special)

*FWB: Friend With Betablockers

*FYI: For Your Indigestion

*TTYL: Talk To You Louder

*MILF: Meal I'd Like To Forget

*MGAD: My Grandson's A Doctor

*SUS: Speak Up, Sonny

*WIWYA: When I Was Your Age

*GOML: Get Off My Lawn
Hope these help. GGLKI (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking in!)

Thank you (older) friend and computer whiz. If I could remember all these abbreviated codes, I would be more than happy to use them. 

Unfortunately, guess I’ll have to stick with just one – LOL. And you definitely made me LOL. (And that means Laughing Out Loud NOT Little Old Lady!)

No comments:

Post a Comment